Advising & Credit Transfer

Advising in Physics

In order to register a major or minor in Physics, Biophysics, or Astronomy and Astrophysics, or if you have any questions or issues, please visit a physics advisor

Once you have registered as a major or minor, you have a named advisor, typically the person you spoke to when you registered. If you are unsure of who your advisor is, or simply have a question, email the general physics advising email address: [email protected].

Undergraduate Advising Hours

Open advising hours with the physics undergraduate advisors are offered each semester before class registration begins.  Come in to declare a major/minor, go over your schedule and four year plan with an advisor to make sure you're on track, and ask any questions about physics at GW that you might have.  

Advisors are always available by email: [email protected]

Credit Transfer Petition

Transfer Credit Approval can be requested through an online form; details on the process are given on the form. 

RTFs and RTF-EZs can be sent to [email protected] for review and approval.

Please note: the Physics Department will NOT accept any online course for transfer credit.  Make sure that the course you are considering is an in-person course and contains a definite laboratory component.